Staying home during spring break this year? No need to bum around when there are so many fun things to do right in your own back yard! We’ve put together a list of the top 10 family activities going on in West Michigan during spring break. From indoor inflatables to museums and the ballet, you’ll be sure to find something your whole family will enjoy.1. The Grand Rapids Ballet is hosting a special kids friendly ballet called The Monster Who Ate My Peas. Watch this beloved children’s book come to life right before your very eyes. Shows are April 1-5, doors open at 10:30am.
2. Take a Twilight Tour at John Ball Zoo this Saturday, April 6 from 7:30-9pm. Grab your flashlights and enjoy a guided tour as of the zoo as the sun goes down. Suggested minimum age is 5.
3. Craig’s Cruisers Spring Break wristband deal gets you unlimited access to attractions, Jump Time in the trampoline park and the buffet. This special is available every day of spring break.
4. Family Night at Grand Rapids Children’s Museum is Thursdays from 5-8pm. Enjoy some fun, interactive exhibitions and an admission of only $1.75 per person.
5. Grand Rapids Public Museum is featuring a special exhibition during spring break called Expedition: Dinosaur! You’ll experience life-size animatronic dinosaurs as well as learn about the science of paleontology. Admission is free for Kent County kids ages 17 and under.
6. The GRAM has Free admission for ages 17 and under during spring break. Bring your kids for an afternoon of art appreciation as you stroll the current exhibitions.
7. Critter Barn in Zeeland is hosting a Spring Fling on Saturday, April 6 from 10am-7pm. At the farm you will be able to pet, hold and play with their newest animals.
8. Family Splash Times are being held at the Holland Aquatic Center during spring break on April 1-5 from 12-4pm and 5-8:30pm.
9. Jester’s Court in Walker holds Michigan’s largest indoor inflatable play area from jungle gyms to slides and more. Admission includes unlimited time in the play area so your family can enjoy hours of fun.
10. Flick’s Family Film Fest is going on at Celebration Cinema during spring break featuring Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse. Kids 12 and under receive Free admission with the purchase of a $5 adult ticket.
We hope this comprehensive list gives you some fun, inexpensive ideas of things to do with your family during your staycation this spring break weekend. Maplewood Homes is proud be a part of the greater Grand Rapids area community. We heart GR!